Monday, June 27, 2011

the waiting game


Day 2: monday

My suitcase came yay! Although Rohit’s family’s house was very comfortable and his mom was offering me the most delicious foods and tea every 5 minutes, I was really antsy to get to my job! Rohit said we would go around 5pm to the apartment where I was to stay, but I’ve quickly learned India is on Indian time, something very similar to Ecua-time aka they say 1 hour, they mean 5 hours, they say 1 day, they mean 3 days. So I spent the day reading Catcher in the Rye (finished it in just a few hours and it was so good!) and napping, and didn't go to the apartment. ugh. 

Since everyone has been asking…
-Indian food is gooooood and a lot of people here are vegetarians… great news for me! For lunch, I had a naan-type bread with mushed up mangoes (sounds gross?) and some potatoes and vegetables in spicy sauce. Very delish, but different from what I expected! By the way, the mangoes and tea here? Ohmygoodnesssososogood!

And here’s the lowdown:

-I am in Hyderabad, India: capital of Andrha, Pradesh state, sixth most populous state in India
-Hindu and English are the main languages, but there are over 100 languages and dialescts spoken in this country; Telugu is the main language of Hyderabad
-Biryani is the famous dish from Hyderabad... I don't know why, but I felt that was important to add...

I HOPE I GET TO GET GOING ON THIS WHOLE WORK THING TOMORROW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment